Official CX Refurb Thread

afadapter.jpg

afadapter2.jpg

Prototype printed and test-fit. Seems like it will work, but I need to make the production piece just a touch bigger. Carb boot end is a bugger to squeeze in and the pod end is a bit loose.

View attachment 258469

Filter Adapter V3 is just right and allows for plenty of adjustment of the position. Second one is printing now. Takes about 2.5 hours to print and a little work on the mini-lathe to trim the adhesion raft and flash.
I have made some similar adapters and velocity stacks from hollow POM stock. Basically thick wall tubing with, say 60 mm OD, 30 mm ID.

I have made some similar adapters and velocity stacks from hollow POM stock. Basically thick wall tubing with, say 60 mm OD, 30 mm ID.
It would be easier, and certainly faster, to just turn them out of suitable PVC or other plastic stock. I don't have anything with sufficient wall thickness on hand, nor do I know of a source for any that wouldn't have a 3 figure minimum order.

Edit: McMaster-Carr has UHMW Rod in the appropriate size for $28-ish per foot which would work, so if the PLA from my printer isn't up to the task for some reason, I'll go with that.

Last edited:
View attachment 258469

Filter Adapter V3 is just right and allows for plenty of adjustment of the position. Second one is printing now. Takes about 2.5 hours to print and a little work on the mini-lathe to trim the adhesion raft and flash.

I had very similar style carbs on my cb500t - consensus with them is they run like garbage with pod. The only way people could get them to properly work was with a stock air box.

Have you seen/talked to other who have ran pods?

Yes, they probably would run bad with a K&N style pleated pod, but hopefully they'll be OK with the straight foam UNIs.

Back