Offset drive gear.

TwoJugs

Excess XS
Reaction score
I am looking for the offset chain gear on the motor shaft. I have seen them used with wide tire conversions and can't remember who made them. Trying to get the vintage drag XS on the track again. No luck finding a narrow slick for it. 5.5 is the skinniest I found. Looks like I will need to space the chain a bit to keep it off the tire. Only need a half to three quater inch to do this. Any ideas?

I got mine from a fellow named Gary Poh, not sure if I can track down a website for you or anything.

I was extremely pleased with what I got, very high quality and he made mine as a one-off for my 240mm.

5.5 is 140. I ran a 140 on my stock xs with just a bit of rubbing on the swing arm and chain guard. No where near the chain. A bit of grinding on each chicken strip and all was well.
Leo

My bike has a 4" extended swingarm with rigid links so that brings the tire back to a wider section of the swingarm but the slick is tall so it moves foward again? With most old school slicks the widest measuremanet is at the road contatct surface. Especially mounted on a 3" rim. That might get close to the swingarm again. Modern tires have a bulge and sometimes a rib mid tire that is the widest point. I have an Avon 5" Speedmaster on one bike with a 4.5" extnded swingarm and the chain slaps the tire? Sitting it looks like 1/2" space but it must be slinging around when under load. Pissed me off scuffing up a brand new tire with those slash marks. I did find a guy who is selling M&H reissues of the 4" nostalgia slick. That might be the best option although a 5.5 would sure look better.

Back