Oil delivery pipe

Capt_Zoom

Raider Rider/xs newbie
Reaction score
Anybody know if the MikesXS oil delivery pipe is any good. My engine builder just called to tell me that he broke the oil pipe. $196 for a stock one.. MikesXS has one for $79. I hate using MikesXS stuff since I never know it its any good.

Would I be better off getting a used one off ebay?

Anybody know if it be smarter to add an oil cooler and mount it to the front motor mount cross member thingy?

Found NOS parts on ebay and a retailer. Thank god cause I wasn't too fond of paying $196 for one. Got it for half that.

Wrench slipped. The pipe nut would come loose from the banjo where they meet the motor's lower case. Wrench slipped and one of the top parts where it 'Y's broke off. i'm not happy about it but figure they were stuck together for 34 years so maybe they didn't want to come apart. If that's the worse thing to happen out of an motor rebuild...maybe its not so bad. I haven't discussed it much with him so we'll see if he offers to his fee a bit.

he should pay for it. he broke, he buys, fixes it. of course you had to find it first. if he found it, he would charge you more. now you know exactly the cost.

I'll have to look at the old part. I'm already getting the rebuild done for a really good price. Only had him do it because of the price and my own lack of time. Next time I'll just do it myself.

Yea, breaking a 30 year old steel part with an unknown number of thermal cycles and moisture exposure... that silly goose

Back