OIL TUBE

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
OK been looking at getting rid of the oil tube for something better plus I need a second source to feed a turbo. Now I have been looking at some braded lines and there are many tee's and Vee's that are used on race cars. So heres the question anyone ever tried this. Plus anyone know off the top of there head what the bottom tube bolt size is 12mm/13mm/14mm???? I don't have one here.
Is M14 correct?

Attachments

• attachment.png
    attachment.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 222
That fitting has a restriction built into it. It controls the amount of oil that gets to the head. If you replace that fitting with something else too much oil goes up to the head starving the lower end.
If you want to plumb in for a turbo I would try looking at the oil cooler threads. These you modify the right side cover so all the oil get run out of the engine to a cooler then back into the engine. This would let you plumb in the oil line for the turbo.
Now would this effect the rest of the engine by reducing the flow of oil to the rest of the engine, who can say.
There is a fellow on here that drags a turbo'ed XS650. He uses a extra pump just for the turbo. He uses a car fuel pump drawing oil from the sump.
This has no effect on the engines oil.
Leo

I am not worried about flow because I can slow or increase it in the new fitting. Already looked at that and I have done many other Turbo's from the cover or pump. This is not a race bike will never pull more than 4 lbs of boost so don't need a big flow to turbo. Cowboy the guy who runs a turbo at the track needed more flow because of size of turbo and what he was pulling as far as boost. I think he said he was pulling 11 lbs and that's a lot for a stock bottom end xs650. This is more show than go but has to operate correct not to burn up bearings. Monstercraftsman ran same turbo and just cut the tube and added in a line. I don't think the stock pump has enough push to empty the bottom end that's why the connecter is narrow to increase pressure. Thanks for the info

Back