Ok guys who's is this?

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Got an email from a machinist's forum and lo n behold, check out the lead-in pic!
View attachment 148293
It sure worked to lead me in! Built on a 3D printer sintered metal .
motor-mount-600px.jpg

20190827_094108.jpg

here's the source. https://markforged.com/?mfa=practical
Amazing on several levels.
Not least; the latest high tech being used to make parts for a 40 year old Yamaha!
Anyone know the maker?

My thoughts to Gary, I did watch their latest web video with the guys from Motodemic, Devin from Cognito Moto was certainly very interested in Motodemic’s 3D printer process so maybe they’ve bought one?

Daniel.

I thought of cognito moto 'cuz they are rather high tech, but they don't have it on their website.

It's actually a fully melted metal part. The "sintered" is a misnomer that has unfortunately stuck with the process. More specifically, it is "powder bed laser melting" or DMLM (Direct Metal Laser Melting). I work with additive (both plastics and metals) on a daily basis and have made a bunch of parts (I printed some finned engine covers) over the years.

It looks a LOT like Messner Moto's design work, as he's VERY heavily involved w/ additive...

It's actually a fully melted metal part. The "sintered" is a misnomer that has unfortunately stuck with the process. More specifically, it is "powder bed laser melting" or DMLM (Direct Metal Laser Melting). I work with additive (both plastics and metals) on a daily basis and have made a bunch of parts (I printed some finned engine covers) over the years.

It looks a LOT like Messner Moto's design work, as he's VERY heavily involved w/ additive...

I’ve just checked out Messner Moto’s work, super impressive!

If you’re into that thing (like I am) , these clip-ons are soooo clean.

A0CB2A00-DEBA-4B82-BE40-5A9F32474792.jpeg

Back