Omars 1/2 mile pipes vs Mikes Ascott traker system

racerdave

^ Gone not forgotten ^
Reaction score
Can anyone compare these 2 systems, for fit and finish,installation,performance etc? Big difference in price. Mikes system looks chrome on his site? Thanks, RD

Can't give you a direct comparison, but can comment on the half milers, since you know I have them :laugh: Great set of pipes. Some modification for installation. Being they are 1 3/4 pipes they needed the epo's and torque inserts. As far as price goes by the time you buy mufflers for the Mike's units they are about a wash. Performance wise I feel a bit more low end and I really like the sound :thumbsup:

I looked at both and then went with gordon scott engineering do mine worth every cent and know one eles has a set!

I concur. I have had two sets of gordonscott pipes and they are worth every penny, plus you can get what ever configuration you want. Aside from that I am quite happy with the half mile pipes.

I looked at both and then went with gordon scott engineering do mine worth every cent and know one eles has a set!

Can't give you a direct comparison, but can comment on the half milers, since you know I have them :laugh: Great set of pipes. Some modification for installation. Being they are 1 3/4 pipes they needed the epo's and torque inserts. As far as price goes by the time you buy mufflers for the Mike's units they are about a wash. Performance wise I feel a bit more low end and I really like the sound :thumbsup:

Rwings, Omarrs with coating and optimizers are near $650, the Mikes Ascott pipes I'm referring to is a complete set, on sale for $250 pus optimizers. I'm told they are chrome, which I would guess will blue on the headpipe curve, unless they are doublewall which I doubt. By the way if things go as planned, I will pick up a 78 special on Saturday. Can you explain, "some modification for installation"??, for the 1/2 mile pipes?

Attachments

• 07-0751.jpg
    07-0751.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Wow $250 for that exhaust looks like a no-brainer to me. Judging from MikesXs description they must need modification just like the Omars. You have to modify the right side of your center stand which means you no longer have a center stand. Nothing that a sawzall and grinder won't take care of :thumbsup:

Rwings, Omarrs with coating and optimizers are near $650, the Mikes Ascott pipes I'm referring to is a complete set, on sale for $250 pus optimizers. I'm told they are chrome, which I would guess will blue on the headpipe curve, unless they are doublewall which I doubt. By the way if things go as planned, I will pick up a 78 special on Saturday. Can you explain, "some modification for installation"??, for the 1/2 mile pipes?

Back