omars 19" wheel

triumph68

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
does any one know whats up at omars dirt track raceing ive sent 5 emails and tried to phone every day for a week and no reply im trying to buy a rear wheel kit but he doesnt reply . im getting pissed off . if anyone knows anything can they let me know thanks Andrew

That is what I also heard they are selling the thing that is why they are not responding with our query.

Try Jim Henry from Houston, Tx. He makes adapters to fit the 19 in. wheels for the 650. I've got his on my tracker and the quality is very good.His e-mail is racingjim90n@yahoo.com I think he is off racing this week so it might be next week before he can answer.

thanks does anyone know anyone else that does a kit for a 19" rear wheel conversion ? plowboy gave me an email address in texas .these must be others in the world thanks guys Andrew

Yes I would like to know how much it's sounds like it what I'm looking for and I hope he will post to Australia it's the last thing I'm after to finish my cafe racer I was going to spend my hard earned money with omars but from what I've read the way he treats his customers fuck him I hope he goes broke

I bought mine two yrs. ago from Jim and I think it was $150.00. You get two machined alum. adapters and the inner and outer spacers. You buy the bearings and the metric socket head cap screws to bolt it to the wheel. Uses the stock oem sprocket and brake disc.

19adapt4_zps844a4421.jpg

19adapt3_zpsb3469594.jpg

19adapt2_zpsa76c61d7.jpg

19adapt1_zps78cdcde8.jpg

IMG_0281_zpsfb14e80e.jpg

IMG_0286_zpse919207e.jpg

Go with the Henry's kit. I have heard good things about it. He races his own XS with the kit, so it has to be good.
He makes 2 different kits, an adapter to use stock rear disc & caliper, plus he makes a kit that is quick change for sprockets & rotors like racers use.

hey mate do you have a phone number for jim henry ive sent 5 emails to to link you gave me but no reply . or do you know any way to contact him a 19" rear wheel kit is the last part i need for my build thanks Andrew

No phone number. He was racing here in Ks. at Stockton mon. and tues. so he might still be on his way home. I think he's 70 yrs. old now so give him a little time.

From what I have read on here Omars us under new ownership and will mainly be doing fiberglass work like they previously offered but may branch out to do some of the other products too soon. There is another member on here trying to get some made but with Omars possibly being back in the game who knows how it will work out.

I ended up using the front wheel from an XS1100 Yamaha, early model not sure the year.

But, did notice it is heavier built than the 650 or other smaller model rims of the same size.

Center hub is a little meatier for one and other areas are thicker for the heavier XS1100, so it makes for a better back rim.

IMHO

Yes it is 19 x 1.85.

Notice the fuller hub center for instance and the center web is deeper.

Attachments

• IMG_1476.jpg
    IMG_1476.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_1467.jpg
    IMG_1467.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 280
Back