Onboard Tools/Leather Pouches?

I found a perfect tool bag at an army surplus store. It's about 18"x8" and thick rubberized canvas or something. It was made to contain the pump for a life raft. It's bright yellow, so you aren't going to misplace your tools.... And it was $2. Two friggin dollars.

Surely you must have the same triangular space behind the batterybox like everybody else?

The original tool kit tray is still there, but I use that for spare fuses, the permanently connected pigtail for my charger/maintainer, baggie with the bike's papers, and smaller bits. It's far too small to hole the CruzTools... that's why I got the bag.

xj... we used to have a Sunny's Surplus right up the road 'til Sherwin Williams moved in. I miss that place, come to think of it!

TC

Last edited:
Well, here's what I ended up doing with the toolbag. Honestly, I don't even know it's there when I'm on the bike. Again, I got it at Overstock.com. It's very thick leather, well-made, and I recommend it.

TC

Attachments

• 100_1157.jpg
    100_1157.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 164
  • 100_1156.jpg
    100_1156.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 161
  • 100_1158.jpg
    100_1158.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 152
Well, here's what I ended up doing with the toolbag. Honestly, I don't even know it's there when I'm on the bike. Again, I got it at Overstock.com. It's very thick leather, well-made, and I recommend it.

TC
Just saw this. Looks like a great solution for a tool kit on my bike. I looked all year for something appropriate and came up empty handed. This could work!

TC
Your pics really makes me wonder why there are so few aftermarket cafe style seats with a storage compartment.. Airtech has a few options, and Corbin has these as well, although not for the XS. But it may be possible to adapt one somehow.

https://www.corbin.com/norton/nsmug_2.jpg

https://www.corbin.com/harley/xl/hdxls21g.shtml

Last edited:
I picked up a tool roll for less than 20 bucks off eBay. It's much bigger than it needs to be, but rolls up into a 12" roll that fit's the tail bag just fine.
I've also got a fork bag (Amazon) that's real leather. Very well made and just zip ties on.
So I have options I suppose.

roll.jpg

fork.jpg

Back