One of my pet peeves.

mjpchief

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do people throw cut grass into the street when they mow their yards. Our little town has ordinances against this practice but no one will enforce it. No less than four idiots did this last Friday between my house and down town. I don't guess they realize how dangerous this for motorcycle riders.

Went to another town Friday night for a car show and one moron had thrown grass halfway across the highway about two to three inches deep.

Posted via Mobile

I was just thinking the same thing! I just came home on wet roads and I have to ride on the wrong side to avoid this garbage. It pisses me off to no end! Last year I witnessed a crashed pickup truck because of it. There was wet grass across the highway and the driver could not stop or negotiate the curve. There ought to be a law!

7357651_orig.jpg

Why they do that? Because they ain't frugal, that's why.
Up here the local Hutterite colonies will come and bale your frontage for hay so you don't even have to mow it.
MJP, at least you can see grass on the road, just like you can see wet leaves in fall, it's the diesel spills that'll get you without warning.
Marty, if your truck driver can't cope with grass on the road how does he manage in the snow, eh?

Back