one of ours

the left side of the tub is lite brown from mud being slung up from front wheel on left turns.

As I understand, hacks handle better with them. More trail perhaps. I used to have a HD wide glide front on my pan that had "side car" triple trees that allowed a 5 degree adjustment in rake.

Sure it's on there. I just looked closer and can see the tub. I think he likes to play in puddles.
Yes thats my rig and this is to ironic :laugh: I just got back from being stuck out in the woods for hours after falling through the ice with my wife in the sidecar! We were going down the trail and there was these deep frozen puddles and I "thought" the ice was safe :doh: I have the hole thing on video and am going to get it together and post it here in a little while. I had no intention of playing in puddles today but thats just the way it worked out :shrug:

Here is the vid, you said "he likes to play in puddles" you must have put some voodoo on me or this is the biggest coincidence I've had all year :laugh:

does having a sidecar require the use of the different front end? can someone explain what and why?
The leading link front end is one way to reduce trail. Since the bike cant lean with a sidecar, turning with stock trail is difficult and the bike always wants to go strait. Reducing trail makes it easier to turn (less effort on handle bars) but if you did this with out a sidecar steering would become unstable like a shopping cart wheel wobbling all over the place. Reduce trail and steering is quick like sportbike, add trail and steering is heavy but very stable at speed in strait line like chopper. Too much of either is a bad thing. Buy the way this is just a general description, you can have a chopper with the front end way out there and still have quick steering by the way the rake and trail are set up together. These images are off the web.

Next time, just pile up branches you chop off trees in front of the rear wheel and you'll be out in a few minutes. You do carry a tomahawk with you in the wilderness don't you? :)

I'm laughing now :laugh: If it wasn't so friggin cold I would have laughed then too :banghead: No tomahawk this time (lucky for wife :laugh: she was enjoying this too much) but I will post pictures of the new ATV winch when installed :thumbsup: I have to figure out the best way/place to mount it? Ah yes memories :D

Very fortunate man to have a wife with such a nature. Leave the tomahawk at home and just indulge and enjoy :)

Too funny but shit does happen doesn't it? You are very lucky your wife has a sense of humor.
Did you call someone or walk home?

Back