original XS650 adverts articles and reviews

peanut

XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone got any original articles , brochures or original advertising images ?

Lets see what original images you have from round the World.

I'm currently looking for a copy of this image

Attachments

• xs650 cutaway.jpg
    xs650 cutaway.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 122
the're cracking RG thanks. i've not seen any of those before .

I think the 78 Special with the red tank is the identical model to the one I have
I've forgotten the name of the colour scheme but it looks to match mine pretty well.

Thats an 81H. I have an 80 Special II with a rider on the fly, from a side on shot..

Last edited:
Thats an 81H. I have an 80 Special II with a rider on the fly, from a side on shot..

I have so many that it would take up the whole page and an hour to upload. Keep an eye on my ID albums i will post in there. Waiting for a pic of a genuine 79Special II with the Alloy wheels, then i will finish of the album.

Can't finish it because i will lose the sequence from 70-83

thanks Skull,......thats the exact one that I want too!:wink2: As far as I can tell its my bike :thumbsup:

the bike is in bits at the moment as I'm spraying the tank but I'll try put it back together for a picture today when it stops raining. i'll also picture the frame number.

The speedo is red lined at 75 and 100mph limit.
The frame on my US import bike is stamped 1978 ser 25055#
Red colour scheme
Wire wheels with aluminium rims
Metal covers
High king/queen seat as Pic 8 in your gallery (side hinged) apparently high seats were an optional extra according to one of your brochures?
The rear light has been changed for UK rear light but I can take a picture of the original fixing holes which should id the original rear light pattern.:thumbsup:

thanks Skull I knew I had posted it somewhere.

There are still some anomalies with the parts on my bike and I have assumed till now that the bike had some replacement parts but like any vehicle when bought new there were lots of optional extras you could specify to the dealers
I'm wondering if my bike is a Special model not Special ll and it was equipped with aluminium rimmed wire wheels and high seat as optional extras.

Back