Ouch, you bastards!

I immediately discovered two things:

1. I can shot-put a 15 pound weed-whacker 123.4 feet without a wind up.
2. I can run fast enough to pass said weed-whacker before it hits the ground.

Seems to me if they started Olympic sprinters by having them kick a hornets nest at the gun we'd see some new world records...

I had a similar situation with wasps last week and pondered which classical element to fight them with, fire, water, or wd-40. Opted for water as least expensive (including least dangerous) and equally effective.

BTW, I'm mildly allergic to insect stings and bites. They don't make me sick, but they can last for weeks if just left alone. I've found the best treatment is running water as hot as you can stand it, for a couple minutes. Do it every day for two or three days or whenever it itches. My theory is it opens up the small blood vessels which carries the venom away.

Back in the '60s, a research chemist from my dad's place of work developed a "Sting Stopper". Had some sort of oil that carried buffering agents into the skin, instantly neutralizing both acid and caustic stings. Great stuff, works within a couple minutes, very popular down here. He ran his own home-based business, mixing and bottling. My last bottle got "borrowed" away, never to be seen again.

He passed long ago. As far as I know, never did a patent. His wife sold off the last of his batch long ago. I recall old BBS forums searching for more of this stuff. Never to be seen again.

I wonder if any suitable replacements have been cooked up...

Back