Over 60?

Sullen Merc

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
And no, I am in no way affiliated with the magazine.

If you are 60 years old or older and still ride a motorcycle we want to hear your story. Send us a 200 word Biography with pictures to walt@flbdelmarva.com and if you get this to us by 12/15/11 you might just be in our January 2012 Issue.
We will be distributing extra copies at the Internation Motorcycle Show in Washington D.C. in January.

Attachments

• 323857_325913784103385_100000542980919_1232331_1887681939_o.jpg
    323857_325913784103385_100000542980919_1232331_1887681939_o.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 97
Haha! I posted it on here the same day that they put it up on FB. And that is the deadline for the January issue only. Someone could still send one in to be used in another issue ;-)

Geeze, there's more of us old farts on here than I thought! :thumbsup:

I'm 61, but haven't ridden regularly since my early 40's.

Never broken a bone, but went down HARD when a front tire rolled off the rim on my Honda XT500. I was mid-30's at the time and I was a while healing up from extensive road rash and a sprained shoulder. Oddly enough, my interest in pushing the envelope started to wane right around that time...:yikes:

I'm 68, been riding actively for 55 years. I've been down a few times, but nothing worse than road rash.

200 words huh ? Don't think so, someday I might have to pay someone not to publish my riding history.
:D

200 words and i know i would be asleep after 50 words. Been riding since i was 14 yrs old. Use to take my neighbors 650 Triumph out for rides while he was working. Dumb shit had a toggle switch on it. But i made it up to him later i built him a Harley. If you rode in big city's you crashed every once in a while people never seen you. I hit a car in 1983 at 60mph and put the bike in the backseat. Spent much time in ICU but when i got out i ordered another bike. Broke some bones MY HEAD and just kept building bikes it just was not my time.
You are never too old to ride.
TRAVIS
Just send here what we all said its more than 200 words!!!!!!!!

66 still at it broke more bones than evil got more plates and screws than back door. 1 year hospital total 2 bad crashes.More hits than a crash test dummy in cars.A wonder I'm still alive winter I hate. Geting hard to pick the bike up now.My doctor won't give me drugs say the are adictive do I care heartless bastards They should do away with the DEA the world would a Happier place. Me too! :D

I applied for my card NJ is LEGAL like CALLY. Its kept me alive more than the doctors gave me.

Let me know how you make out on the card I think It might legal in Delaware now but not for me for me or the people that smoke it. They could wipe out the national debt if the gov sold it. :D Thanks for BUD pregrid It helped. :D Self medacation. Not that I haven't seen the horrows that drugs have caused people over the years not away of life one should follow and broken lives because of them. I was a drug counsuler back in the late sixtys earley seventys. A buzz now and then can't hurt an old man of 66. Some can be helped :thumbsup:

Will be 59 next week. Hafta wait til next year , I guess. Hey Scabber...I work at the Ford dealer near you. This world keeps gettin smaller.Kev.

Will be 59 next week. Hafta wait til next year , I guess. Hey Scabber...I work at the Ford dealer near you. This world keeps gettin smaller.Kev.

Thats is close I bought some parts from that dealer a 76 mustang 2 You remember the 4cyl.over cam 6000miles was the best a cam woud last The car went through 2 cams before I bought it 2 cams and a set of folowers like a rocker arm. 59 counts sort of like turn 21 the next time your 40 I was going strong at 60 time goes faster after. stanton rd henlopen av red dump truck out front stop by

Last edited:
I found out today on the norml site they have added more things Qualify than the original bill I'm going to apply for a card once I find out how and where, got a phone number the The bill Legal may 15 2011 at least 1 comfort centre per county. The feds aren't busting yet

Last edited:
Not that I haven't seen the horrows that drugs have caused people over the years not away of life one should follow and broken lives because of them.

OK people lets get this straight right now................marijuana is NOT a drug........

I found out today on the normal site they have added more things Qualify than the original bill I'm going to apply for a card once I find out how and where, got a phone number the The bill Legal may 15 2011 at least 1 comfort centre per county. The feds aren't busting yet Hay sullen merc you not going to believe this but I might have slammed down a beer with that old rod buster bob I lived south of him.can't see his face but the bike and beard look familiar.small indeed world Hell I Could probably Give you a story Parts of it I don't even believe If I had not lived it. I saw rod buster forman buster foreman Toss a 3 FT. piece #12 bar about 20 feet on a contruction job silver spring It rolled off the deck hit a man on the head they copter him out two days later he was back top his head bandage up like a mummy:laugh: Must have kocked him senseless Everybody gave him up for dead. We told him go home and collect the comp. That was one hard head. The Xs 650 is a great bike I think the old biker needs a story of an old 650 rider Thanks To all who helped me Jaguargod has a great story flat track bike once belonged to an old racer Stop by If you need help with a motor. And thanks for :banghead: who ever you are.

Back