Paint to make a tank look smaller ??

Yoozy

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Calling the artist amongst us.
Sounds a bit mad, but,, I love the XS tank shape but wish it looked a tad smaller. I've got a 78 Special and wondering if anyone has streamlined/shrunk one with paint ? I need some ideas please.

:)

I've always heard that:

Dark colors make things look smaller.
Light colors make things look larger.
Horizontal stripes make things look longer.
Vertical stripes repel mosquitos...

Black is always slimming. They also do two tone paint jobs on cars to make them lower. Maybe that would be the visual effect you're looking for.

TwoMany, Vertical stripes repel mosquitos??? I am going to have to try that one since some of the mosquitos here are big enough to carry away a small child. :shrug:

Hi Yoozy,
it's like trying to shove your brewer's goiter into a smaller pair of trousers, it don't work.
OTOH a DT360 tank IS smaller and can be made to fit an XS650.

Hi Yoozy,
it's like trying to shove your brewer's goiter into a smaller pair of trousers, it don't work.
OTOH a DT360 tank IS smaller and can be made to fit an XS650.

Let me tell you, a nice dt/yz tank would cost us over here what you lads pay for a whole bike.
I've seen plenty of 360/400 tanks, all shit, and the 'decent' ones going for £250 +. Even old Rs tanks are stupid money. I wouldn't of kicked one in a scrapyard 5 years ago, now I'd fight to the death for one :laugh:

Back