Paint White Walls?

One member here was doing them but durability and I think "whiteness" were issues. He claimed it took some "secret techniques" to make them work.

Hi,

Im going for white walls on my new bobber build. Im going for the white wall tyre after experimentation with the paint. Like gggGary says, whiteness and durability were poor - cracking and faint yellowing occured after a couple of weeks riding. Repainting them solved it but left the tyres looking rubbish - like an over painted door

Hot rodders buff the side walls of there tires with sand paper. any tire with raised white letters will work. I dont know if there are cycle tires out there with white lettering though. Check out the H.A.M.B. do a search on homemade white walls.

I bet if you taped your wheels good you could use plastidip and it would hold up really well. If you dont like it you can peel it off. You will need a couple coats but it will look better than paint because its basically rubber. I used it on my truck and even my power washer doesn't remove it.

Back