Pamco coil wires

Splexin

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Got my Pamco from Mikes and like mentioned from someone else around here, the kit doesn't come with any wires other than those for plugs and those connected to the Pamco board.

I don't want to screw something up the first time round, so I just want to know if there is a specific gauge wire required, particularly because this connects to the ignition coil? Or can I just use anything similar to what's in the harness?

Also, at the risk of sounding like a moron, there are no instructions on how to connect the plug wires either to the caps or the coil. I'm assuming just press on the wire/cap with the boot??? I thought the Mikes package would at least have some instructions but just a box of parts and tiny note referring to Pamco's website :laugh:

I'm sure I would figure things out through trial and error but would appreciate tips from those of you who've already been down the road. Btw I am using stock harness.

Thanks

Nevermind @ spark plug caps, found the thread here: http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18384

Last edited:
Splexin,

No particular gage wire is needed, just be sure it is stranded wire for flexibility. You could use 16 gage wire. But, you shouldn't need any additional wire. Just use the right combination of crimp on connectors so you can plug into the stock wiring connectors.

The spark plug wires screw into the holes in the coil. If you look in the holes, you will see what looks like a screw pointing out. The wires attach to the plug caps the same way.

Perhaps I should add some instructions for the wires to the installation guide because you are not the first person to ask the question.

Thanks Pete, and yeah it can be a little puzzling for a first-timer. That thread I linked to answered my question, and 5twins' picture really helped.

Back