Pamco E-advance- left over wires

jd750ace

Front Toward Enemy
Reaction score
OK, I read threads for nearly 2 hours last night after pulling my points plate, mechanical advance, advance rod (not rusty!) condenser and coils and could not find a good description or illustration of this: What is everyone doing with the wad of wires that we don't use for the ignition install? Cut them off? Cap and stow? Images invited. Working between thunderstorms, and trying to stay organized. I hate not having a garage!

Generally, cap them off or cover the exposed ends, then wrap tape around them to the harness. Hide them anyway you can sort of thing.

Don't cut anything just yet.

It's hard to go back.

Not that you should have to, but...

Murphy's Law

my 2 cents.

I don't have the e-advance yet, just the plain Pamco, but I didn't have too many wires left over. I utilized most of the stock wires for the Pamco install. You originally had 2 R/W wires, one running to each coil. I used one to power my new coil, the other to power the Pamco. Your points leads originally plugged into gray and orange wires with double bullet connectors along with one condenser lead. I used one of those for the Pamco green wire, the other end of it going to the coil. The other has both of my condenser leads plugged in so they don't flop around. I left the condenser pack mounted just in case. That left me with just one wire unplugged, the other end of the double that the condenser leads plug into.

PamcoConnections.jpg

I know the Pamco w/ e-advance is wired somewhat differently, running the Pamco to the e-advance and making all the bike connections to it, but I'm sure you could still utilize many of the existing wires instead of just letting them hang loose.

Back