Pamco Electronic Ignition Kit

breahn riley

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase the ignition kit for my 80xs. just wondering if you guys have some input about the product. Are you running it? How was the install? Issues to be aware of? Does anyone run this system batteryless? What is the year of the bike you are running the kit on? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

the pamco is spot-on.. bike starts first kick and runs great... best money I've spent. install took me 15mins. bike is a 75... still need the battery as the bike has an alternator.

my only worry is install, the system seems to be bulletproof. Im not very comfortable with the wiring part. was it difficult to get timing correct?

I have been running one in my 75 from last summer. A very good product, my install took between 45 minutes to an hour, mostly getting the coil mounted, tried several ways.
Most of the problems that have cropped up have been fixed. Pamcopete is a very stand up guy, if you have a problem, he backs his products.
On your 80 that has the TCI stock ignition the install is a bit longer, you have to install the bushings and advancer rod and unit. Maybe another 1/2 hour.
I'm sure you will get many positve replies to this post.
You can try reading the posts listed below in the similar threads section. Or using the search function to find more about Pamcopete's ignition.

I still run the TCI that came with the bike. No problem's so far. I did upgrade the coil to the one from Mikes, not the green monster, & it bolted right where the stock one was, with very little modification.
If my TCI goes south, I will probably do the swap, but for now, if it works, dont fix it.

Back