pamco indexing pin issue.

avenue

push.
Reaction score
The locating pin on my advance rod is too tall for the pamco to slide into place. That, or the indexing slots on the pamco were cut too short. If the indexing pin is pressed further into the advance rod (I have not done this) it looks like the fit will be loose, resulting in some side to side pamco movement and an inconsistent spark signal.

any ideas/thoughts?

thanks for your time,
avenue.

also, should the advance rod and/or auto advance unit from Mike'sXS come with its own appropriate locating pin? It was missing from my recent order.

The locating pin on my advance rod is too tall for the pamco to slide into place. That, or the indexing slots on the pamco were cut too short. If the indexing pin is pressed further into the advance rod (I have not done this) it looks like the fit will be loose, resulting in some side to side pamco movement and an inconsistent spark signal.

any ideas/thoughts?

thanks for your time,
avenue.

also, should the advance rod and/or auto advance unit from Mike'sXS come with its own appropriate locating pin? It was missing from my recent order.

Some pins are longer than others. You can try to gently tap it in deeper in the hole and then just file a bit off of the top of the pin. You can also use a small file to clean out the slot in the PAMCO rotor. There will in any event be some play but that is normal. The rotor is held in place by the attaching nut and washer. Hold the rotor firmly in the clockwise direction as you tighten the nut.

The advance rod normally comes with the pins already installed along with an extra pin for the advancer that goes in a hole in the cam shaft. Sometimes all of the pins are just included in a separate little plastic bag.

Back