Pamco Installation

jdm9123

78 xs650SE
Reaction score
Hello all! After much deliberation I have decided to purchase the 14-0911 Pamco ignition system for my 78 xs 650 special and do away with the points. This is most likely a dumb question but I will ask anyways. I would like to know if there is any special modifications that need to be done to attach the new coil, the wiring harness, and the ignition itself. I am sure there are directions or a step by step somewhere but I have no been able to locate. A point in the right direction is much appreciated. Thanks!

sorry for the luddite question, but what inspired you to make this change? Does it fix a problem? Thanks!

Been running the Pamco for more than a year. One less thing to worry about.....Ultimate coil rocks too!

Just got my Pamco ignition installed, and timed. Bike fired up instantly after sitting for a couple years. Well worth the money.

To prove the value of a Pamco, and the ease of it, this is the first intentional kick to start my '70 CB350 after it had, literally, been sitting in a garage, unstarted, for 30 years.
I put in a new battery and installed a Pamco. After this video I fixed the choke and it runs like a top.

the only thing that i had to do was file a little bit off of the tiny pin that keeps the pamco rotor in place. it was a replacement pin from mikes. im pretty sure that most people do not need to do this. besides that it was super easy. there is are some youtube videos of a guy installing his. its a 2 or 4 part video. he has the budweiser xs. helped a bit.

Back