PAMCO installed, slowly died and now no spark. HELP!!

c-rider

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, here is the following email i sent pamco pete but i thought i would post it in here as well in case anyone else has had the same issue or is a electrical wizard.

Here's what the email said:

"Hey pete, i installed your ignition system (using the stock advancer) into my bike about 6 months ago. It worked well until around 2 weeks ago when it started to splutter and die, and eventually no spark at all. I pulled the cover off and found that the large capacitor on the circuit board had broken off. I soldered it back on but it still no spark.

I have tested the coil using your guide, all resistances are fine. I've checked continuity through everything,and all seems fine except for there being continuity between the the green and red wires on the circuit board, , also black and red, as well as continuity between the black and green. Is this normal?

I am also getting the required voltage to the coil.

Also, on the sensor (or what i think is the sensor, the thing that is mounted slightly off the board and is connected via 3 prongs) i am getting continuity across the top 2 prongs when attached to the bike, but no continuity between the top two with the bottom prong. The only thing i could find that was continuous with that bottom prong was the resistor located on the left of the circuit board.

I hope this makes sense and you can see a reason for still no spark after checking everything i could think of under the sun."

Please help out if you can guys and gals.

Here's a video of the bike running nicely a few weeks ago:

Back