PAMCO issue

jsmith1107

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Can I just snip these wires and re-solder them or would you return to PAMCO Pete?
See the red spot with a green wire and a green spot with a red wire?

file-7.jpeg

Can I just snip these wires and re-solder them or would you return to PAMCO Pete?
See the red spot with a green wire and a green spot with a red wire?

View attachment 114956
The wires are correct. It's the markings on the PC board that are wrong, so just leave the wires as is. This was a mistake on the very first production units only.

I would just re mark them at the other end with electrical tape or remember thay have been reversed when connecting. I would tyr to resolder.

Looks like he answered as I was typing

The Hall effect sensor that you showed in the photo only works with the E-Advancer (little blue box). It cannot drive the coil without the blue box. Do you have the blue box wired in?

ok, found out from swapping with another guy that my hall effect is not working---how would I know if it is the blue box that is the issue or the other part that replaces the points? Also, can this be fixed or do I have to replace? And if replace, can I buy JUST the parts?

Ok. Some confusion here on my part. You said earlier that you swapped out the Hall effect and everything worked. The Hall effect is the sensor that replaces the points, not the blue box, so what combination of parts did you have that did work? The blue box is not the Hall effect.

I had a newer one I swapped out so I disconnected the blue box when I used the newer version one. You mentioned I need the blue box to run MY hall so just wanted you to know that yes, I had the blue box hooked up when MY Hall effect was in. Sorry—does that make sense? I just want to know if mine is fixable or what should I do?

I had a newer one I swapped out so I disconnected the blue box when I used the newer version one. You mentioned I need the blue box to run MY hall so just wanted you to know that yes, I had the blue box hooked up when MY Hall effect was in. Sorry—does that make sense? I just want to know if mine is fixable or what should I do?
Pete—any answer? Thank you

jsmith,
OK. Still trying to understand what your setup is / was.Did you use the E-Ignition for the successful test? That's the latest with the integral E-Advancer on the same PC board, no external blue box.
E-Ignition2.jpg

Last edited:
Back