pamco ,,,mounting basic coil????

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
hi guys any chance of somebody thats mounted the standard coil... the kit goes for $142 approx... where they mounted it a pic if possible....would be appreciated regards oldbiker

full

on the backbone between the air filters

Diggin the bike, Are you using the ground mounts suggested by PP? Or did you weld in threaded inserts?

guys,,, i really need help ,,,,,i tried emailing/and live chat on the home depot site,,, and it onl accepts usa addresses and you cann,t change it on their site,,,i,ve only got 2 basic hardware stores that donn,t sell these sort of things,,,, ,,,, does anybody have a home depot near by thet can pick me up a ground clamp 1/2- 3/4- 1" p/n 051411160104 they are only 2-3 bucks i need the pair ,,,, need that p/n,,, and stuff it in a padded bag to me in australia pay by paypal..... regards oldbiker

I can see if my local Home Depote has any in stock. It's a reason for a ride, LOL. Will let you know If I scored. 2 right? I'm in 85711, Tucson Arizona .

Hi guys. i just went through this process and I used the home depot grounding clamps. They worked perfectly. the biggest issue was explaining to the people at home depot what I was looking for! The part number on the "installing the coil" page http://www.yamahaxs650.com/installing_the_coil.htm made no sense to the home depot people. after a little searching i found the correct part number to be Model: 3110-U-CP | Store SKU: 1000408049

mind you im in Canada and this part number is from homedepot.ca but i gave them this part number and they took me right to the isle where they were kept and they must have had 30 in the box. they were about $5 each. I hope this helps someone out.

here's the link:

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/1-2-in-1-in-ground-clamp-bronze-bag-of-1/910033

Attachments

• IMG_00000598.jpg
    IMG_00000598.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 258
Thanks guys, they look v easy to install.
Has anyone figured out where these can be purchased in Australia?

If not I'm willing to do what OldBiker suggested!

Thanks,
- Chris

Here is how I did mine. I took 2 6x1.00 bungs I had welded them into the backbone, cut the supplied standoffs down and reused the 6mm bolts that came with the coil.

Attachments

• IMG_20140923_165315365.jpg
    IMG_20140923_165315365.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 183
Not the same coil in the picture, but I did the same thing on my other bike with the Ultimate Coil (much like the standard) on my other xs650. I simply took a piece of bar stock, cute and drilled holes holes in it, then used some bushings/spacers from the hardware store.
2013-01-21_13-58-38_860_zps2f8775bf.jpg

Back