PAMCO plus e-advancer

Oh, just read the Bindi Irwin part - haha... she wrestles crocs, tell your nephew she might be a handful! lol

I know shes a handfull for sure. He might be just right for her though. He's super smart, not bragging either, its true....scary smart sometimes..., very witty, has no problem sleeping outside on the ground and eating bugs. For the last 2 years he's been saying hes going to be an ornithologist when he grows up. He's obsessed with birds, indians, and bindy. Probably in that order.

Im gonna make the trip down to Australia one day. Its on my to do list. Look out below.

Fosters: Australian for beer

hahaha, thats gold mate.
Get up to the 'zoo' that they have and take a photo with her, then show your nephew.

Fosters - ah *shudder* thats our EXPORT only beer... I dont think anyone here drinks it lol
Then again, a beer is a beer I guess.

Thanks Evenmore, I am really hoping that a bigger, fatter, stronger spark and ignition system will get it 1. To start easier (kick only) and 2. Get it to pull smooth.

Its really weird, stock everything in terms of carbs, however I run straight pipes and no filters. I was getting plugs fouling when normal heat range, so I used one hotter (6's) and its much better. Still seems to run rich... but goes good. So with better timed ignition and electronics (plus a better coil) I think it should be sweet.

Cheers,
Peter

The Pamco setup will straighten out the pulling and kick starting as long as the timing is right, the coil will help with starting, idling, pulling, and maybe better gas if you can burn the fuel and not leave it on the plugs. You should notice a difference immediately. :thumbsup:

hahaha, thats gold mate.
Get up to the 'zoo' that they have and take a photo with her, then show your nephew.

Fosters - ah *shudder* thats our EXPORT only beer... I dont think anyone here drinks it lol
Then again, a beer is a beer I guess.[/QUOTE

Thats our export only beer.
That was funny. I've never had a fosters but I see the commercials here. I'll try one soon though. I like beer. Maybe too much.

hmmm, getting things ready in my head... where are the instructions for installing the advance rod, bushings, etc for the 1980-83 bikes? Thought I have seen them somewhere but cant for the life of me find them...
I CAN find the yamahaxs650.com instructions for the PAMCO and the e-advance but not for the bushings etc...

Someone point em out to me please?

Cheers,
Peter

Ok,

Cool. I had to build a spreadsheet to get this all correct lol.
Here are my findings - ordering today. Anything I messed up??

PAMCOPartsPricing.jpg

Cheers,
Peter

If your bike is not an American import you will have points ignition. Didn't need to buy the 80-83 parts, points rod or brass bushings. Maybe i am missing something?

In your other thread where you have broken your chain adjuster on one side and the brake plate stay mount on the other could be caused by an undiagnosed problem. Seems strange to have problems like that in the same area on each side.

hmmm, getting things ready in my head... where are the instructions for installing the advance rod, bushings, etc for the 1980-83 bikes? Thought I have seen them somewhere but cant for the life of me find them...
I CAN find the yamahaxs650.com instructions for the PAMCO and the e-advance but not for the bushings etc...

Someone point em out to me please?

Cheers,
Peter

The instructions for the advance rod and associated parts is there on the web site www.yamahaxs650.com . Click on "Installing the advance Unit"

I have to agree with 650skull above as I also thought that XS650's imported into Australia were points bikes all the way to the end of production. If so, then you should already have the advance rod and bushings in the engine.

Also on you list, you do not need Part #14-0190 contact points screws. (no points).

The instructions for the advance rod and associated parts is there on the web site www.yamahaxs650.com . Click on "Installing the advance Unit"

I have to agree with 650skull above as I also thought that XS650's imported into Australia were points bikes all the way to the end of production. If so, then you should already have the advance rod and bushings in the engine.

Also on you list, you do not need Part #14-0190 contact points screws. (no points).

Thanks ... I mentioned I was in Aus and have '81 model. Doesn't matter. All good. Orders are already placed and paid for. Send that bad boy over :)

It's too much hassle to try and change an order from MikesXS tried to simply add an item in the past and it was a nightmare so ill just take what I bought. More than likely ill use the new advance rod anyway and the rest is only $20 that I guess I wasted. No drama.

Anyone want to buy some bushings :) hahah.

Pete can you confirm order and payment please mate.

Cheers.
Peter

Posted via Mobile

Pete just got your email about the shipping. Champion. Thanks. Look forward to installing the kit.

Cheers,
Peter

Posted via Mobile

Thanks ... I mentioned I was in Aus and have '81 model. Doesn't matter. All good. Orders are already placed and paid for. Send that bad boy over :)

It's too much hassle to try and change an order from MikesXS tried to simply add an item in the past and it was a nightmare so ill just take what I bought. More than likely ill use the new advance rod anyway and the rest is only $20 that I guess I wasted. No drama.

Anyone want to buy some bushings :) hahah.

Pete can you confirm order and payment please mate.

Cheers.
Peter

Posted via Mobile

Well, I'm sorry that we did not pick up on this earlier. The advance rod doesn't even move with the new E-Advancer so you won't need the new one. I would at least try to change the order.

Well, I'm sorry that we did not pick up on this earlier. The advance rod doesn't even move with the new E-Advancer so you won't need the new one. I would at least try to change the order.

Like I said. No drama. Ill give it to my kids as a present lol

No issue mate. Really. My fault. Not anyone elses :wink2:

Posted via Mobile

tried to change a order once at mikes 8months ago. realised stuffed up and forgot 2 items.naturaly not wanting to pay another shipping got in touch right away and was told they werent set up to be able to change orders :banghead:

tried to change a order once at mikes 8months ago. realised stuffed up and forgot 2 items.naturaly not wanting to pay another shipping got in touch right away and was told they werent set up to be able to change orders :banghead:

Maybe they write them down by hand and send them across town by messenger on mule. :wtf: I can change orders on this damn computer with FREE business software, so that's just laziness in my eyes.

Apparently whatever they have for customer service is good enough to keep sales up. I'll pay more for customer service that counts myself. Lots of other sources for many of your parts out there guys.

Vote with your wallet if you don't like the vendor. At the very least minimize your purchases to those rare items that can't be found anywhere else.

If you're on a tight budget, be aware that today, more than EVER, you get what you pay for.

When I'm ready to buy a PAMCO, I'll order it direct.

Hey guys,

PAMCO and E-advancer arrived YAY!
Waiting on MikexXS order (stuck in the AusPost system) but local now finally.

Will install it asap on the bike and let you know immediate differences/observations.

Cheers,
Peter

That product did get to the Beta test stage some time ago, but due to the complications involved in installing it, it was not offered.
Pete

Back