Pamco rephase Firing order?

RCGRT

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to understand the firing sequence/timing of the 277 rephase a little bit.

On Pamcos site in the installation instructions, he shows a set up for one cylinder to fire, and the other to fire 277 (crankshaft degrees later) I'm assuming this means when the one fires the other is going down on its intake stroke, 277 degrees later it fires...

He also mentions, If you have had your cam split and rephased, another setup for 443 degree timing...I'm assuming the 443 comes from 360+83=443, in this case while one piston fires the other is 83 degrees behind it coming up on exhaust, 443 degrees later it fires..

#1 someone please correct me if I'm already wrong
#2 I realize the cam can be split and put back together rotated accordingly, or the lobes can be reground on the original shaft, is this where the difference comes in?
#3 Either way, with the firing sequence being different, wouldn't that make for a bit of a different motor?
#Also, the crank can be rotated 1 of 2 ways obviously, I'd think if the cam were split, it would need to rotate in the same direction you rotated the crank...does either way make a difference in the firing order?

Back