Pamco Spark

thelowlife

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I hate to be this guy...

Coil tested good as per Pamco Petes website. Installed as per Pamco Petes website.

My temp kill switch for testing is a momentary push button.. so as long as I hold it down it provides power to the coil and Pamco. If I spin the Pamco by hand as per the testing procedure I'm only getting a spark when I release (open) the momentary push button.

So I tried a toggle switch in place of the push button.. only to have the same thing happen. No spark when spinning the Pamco until it is switched off.. then to get another spark I have to switch it on.. then off then spark... on... off then spark.

Checked the Advance Setup and reinstalled as per instructions... double checked everything. I'm positive its something stupid on my part.

Attachments

• CoilWiring.jpg
    CoilWiring.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 65
Your wiring diagram looks fine to me. This is the test diagram i followed and its the same.

Minimum Test wiring.jpg

Last edited:
well no Pamco expert...
Have you emailed Pete?
did you check the magnets in the rotor IE do they attract a screw driver stongly?
Is the gap between the magnets and the sensor correct? Is the rotor turning with the engine? IE advance rod in place and hooked up through the weights to the cam?
Is the black wire firmly grounded to the engine not the advancer plate and is the engine grounded to the battery?

theLowLife,

Well, we could start by asking what a person in Sudbury is doing screwing with his motorcycle in January! :D

You are probably eligible for a warranty replacement, but let's try a couple of things first.

Remove the screw holding the transistor to the plate:

screw.jpg

Watch for these parts when you remove the screw and don't lose them:

mounting.jpg

Gently bend the transistor up so that it does not contact the plate.

Try the spin test again. Report back.

Tried it as per your directions Pete.. and no change. My unit is out of warranty so I will be purchasing a new unit it looks like.. Thanks!

Back