Pamco warranty?

chuckcloser

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
i am having problems with my bike starting I outlined the details in an earlier post and the only conclusion i can come up with is the problem is my Pamco ignition. i have tried contacting PamcPete but have got no response im assuming he's on holidays. The thing is i want to have my bike running this weekend does anyone know if there is a warranty on the ignition? if so what is the best way of contacting pamcopete?

thanks for the help

Don't worry, Pete is always on the forums, and I'm sure he'll see this post. From what I've seen posted by him, he is VERY helpful and obviously knowledgeable on his own product. He'll be glad to help you figure everything out with your ignition.

Pete pretty much runs a one man show and is always busy-- give him time.

But reality is: unless you are close enough to ride to visit and personally pick up the parts you'll probably not be riding your XS by the weekend. Trucks can only move so fast.

chuckcloser,

Sorry I missed your Email. PAMCO'S sold prior to this year have a one year warranty. PAMCO's sold this year have a two year warranty, so one way or the other we will get you going.

You say you have trouble starting your bike, but does it eventually start?

Pamcopete,

Don't worry about it I was pretty excited about getting on the road so i didn't really give you adequate response time. I bought my pamco this year around april. No my bike doesn't start it ended up losing power on one of my rides. I went through the steps you have outlined in other posts to test the coil and pamco. The coil seems to be fine (just to be sure i bought a new green monster and tried it making sure to not fry it) but the pamco doesn't spark when i kick the engine over or when i manually spin the pamco disc. I have checked the battery the wiring and everything checks out. If I should try anything else let me know.
thanks alot
chuck

Back