Pandamonuim Ya Mama with baffles

3dognate

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I have a set of Pandemonium Ya Mama high side pipes for my build. I know these are going to be as loud as pipes get... I'm going to try to tame them a little bit to not scare the neighborhood into coming after me with pitchforks and torches. I picked up a set of 8" baffles for 1.5" pipes. I plan to measure back from the header on to make sure i cut both pipes equidistant and cut off the turnout portion of the exhaust. Slide the baffle in and weld them and weld the turn outs back on paint and wrap the pipes... I know they'll still be loud even with 8" baffles (no packing).

Is my plan a sound one? Performance wise... keep the baffles at 8" or cut them down to 6", 4"? I just really want to tame any bright cackling sounds out of the exhaust and get it so that I can tool out of the neighborhood without pissing peeps off. But still be able to open it up and wake up a snoozy driver.

I don't have any advise. That's what I am looking for too. Seeing that this post is a couple of months old, I'm wondering what you did and how it turned out?

I haven't done anything yet. I was hoping to get some advice also but nothing has turned up yet. I have not gotten that far into my build. I am just now getting my frame back from powder coating.

I got 8 inchers in my straight through's. Might start her up this weekend! Guess I will be the guinea pig!!!:laugh::bike:

14235919043_3b7f68b5fe_b.jpg

Sigh, nooo. Got honey-do's this weekend,and the weather is pretty shitty too. I might have a go at wiring her up tomorrow.

Yeah it does sound good! And it is WITH baffles! Sounds Like a Spitfire or an old Tractor!! Got most of the neighbourhood in the street come running out their houses LOL!

Just curious if you ever got the baffles in your ya mama pipes. If so did you have to cut the turnouts off? Looking to figure out a way to get a little noise reduction on mine. Don't want to cut the turnouts though.

Last edited:
I have the same pipes not yet installed so am watching this thread. Likewise, I do not want to cut off the turn outs.
But what have you done to mount the pipes other than the exhaust clamps - some sort of a dual clamp out from the back down tube - - a piece of flat steel coming up from the back motor mount??

I contacted pandemonium and they said you would have to cut the ends to put in baffles. I did see some flexible types and even curved baffles online. I guess I am leaving it how it is for now depending on what my ears say after a long ride. The pipes mount tight without movement once you install the nut and bolt between the bracket that connects the two and of course secure them to the engine exhaust mounts. A bit tricky getting the right side pipe in you need to remove the fuel tank. There is also a video on youtube somewhere showing you how to install them.

Last edited:
Back