For Sale - Parting Out 1981 XS 650 Special II

briandrex

Snowtrain
Reaction score
I just took apart a 1981 XS650 Special II what has spent most of it's life indoors. Reason for parting out is no title and too many other projects to work on this one.

I will list the main items with prices but feel free to ask for anything else with an offer and we can go from there. I accept paypal and will ship anywhere.

Here are the prices but feel free to make an offer. Remember I have all of the other parts as well so don't be scared to ask.

Tank (Inside Needs Cleaned) - $30
Handlebars - $30
KG Backrest w/rack - $75
Headlight - $25
Horn - $15
Wiring Harness - $50
Turn Signal (4) One with cracked/chipped orange lens - $20
Stock Backrail - $15
Shocks - $20
Triple Trees - $20
Fork Covers - $25
Petcock - $20
Hi/Lo, Turn, Horn Switch - $20
Clutch Cable - $10
Mirror - $10
Kickstand - $10
Four Foot Pegs - $20
Brake Pedal - $5

Miscellaneous relays and solenoids also available

gastank.jpg

kgbackrestfront.jpg

Last edited:
Do you still have the carbs? Are they 38s and what kind of shape are they in?

gggGary,

Glad to hear the side covers arrived safe and sound. Hopefully they will go to good use making another xs650 look good on the road again. Just give me a shout if you need anything else!

Thanks,

Brian

Awesome! Looks like my bike before I took it apart. If it wasn't for the lack of title and too many bikes already in the garage I would've got the ol girl running! Looks really good.

If you still have the carbs let me know Id be interested, being an 81 I assume it still has the bs34s on it....Id be all for takin that motor off your hands too if you were an hour closer but mapquest says yer 2 hours out...bummer....

Craig

Rectifier is sold and for now I'm keeping the stator with the engine. If a deal on the engine falls through I may consider taking the stator out.

Also on the two petcocks needed I have one as there is only one with the 1981 special

I think I'm up to date on PM's if I forgot anyone please feel free to send me a message as life gets hectic but I do my best!

Thanks,

Brian

Back