Parts started rolling in today.

Hitndahedfred

Do I look like a people person to you?
Reaction score
Well I got GGGarys bag and a box from MikesXS with my 2 new sprockets
Guess I better get to the garage and get busy eh?
0724171213.jpg

All locked down,,still need to bend the safety tab. Clutch rod bushing and seal installed too. MikesXS guide was spot on. No issues there. Also cleaned and checked all the areas suggested by the guru's here,,no issues found.
0724171601.jpg

Finally I pulled the rear wheel,,,and swapped the old rear sprocket for a new 31 tooth. I figgered why just replace one right? Should lower rooms at highway speed but since I'm not running a tach,,gonna be a seat of the pants report.
Now I'm done for today,,
0724171641.jpg
0724171712.jpg

It may be an optical illusion or the angle of your pic, but the lock washer under the sprocket nut looks off center. If it is then it probably isn't locked on the splines of the countershaft under the nut any more. It won't work like that. It's easy for it to slip off because the splines don't stick out much past the sprocket.

I noticed that after looking. The lock washer must have slipped while tightening it. I'm done for the day,,lol. It was 105 in the garage when I opened it up.
Thx for the eye buddy

It may be an optical illusion or the angle of your pic, but the lock washer under the sprocket nut looks off center. If it is then it probably isn't locked on the splines of the countershaft under the nut any more. It won't work like that. It's easy for it to slip off because the splines don't stick out much past the sprocket.
You can count on 5T to spot stuff like that.

There used to be a wonderful flea market here that I loved going to. It got flooded out years back, and all of the regular's stuff from inside the building got ruined. They tried to reopen, but it never got back to where it was, and eventually closed for good. I always get excited when I see flea markets, but they're never what I hope they're going to be when I stop.

Almost finished. Its mocked up with the rear wheel on to see about exact spacing. I need 2, spacers1/8th inches thick yet for each side. I also need to get longer bolts to run thru the saddles to push on the axle plates.
While apart I tightened and loctited all bolts that were there. Then trimmed the fender where the chain passes as there were rub marks on it. Don't wanna snag a fender with the chain,,that would be bad.
0725171814.jpg

Back