Patience went down!

Wingedwheel

If it wasn’t broke before, let me try it…
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Went to visit a buddy today that I haven’t seen for awhile as he was working on a job on this side of town for a change. Went to the strip mall where the job was and spent a couple hours BS’ing and had a good time. Walked out to get on the bake and WTF! She was lying on the ground. As I picked her up a young girl came over and admitted to backing into it. Basically she hit the rear wheel and pushed it off the stand. My helmet that was hanging on the handlebars absorbed most of the shock however it also left a dent in the tank. Shifter was bent, clutch lever bent and left fork ear had a little bend where it landed on the turn signal although no damage to the turn signal(must have hit my helmet). Blinkers don’t work now and I was a little aggravated however I did tell the young lady and her mother that showed up that I appreciated that her daughter owned it. I’m not happy because I love the fact it’s factory paint but not quite sure what to do now. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Bummer. What you do now is immediately contact your and the girl's insurance companies. You have at least 1000 worth of damage, maybe closer to 2000. I dunno, maybe more. Insurance company will want estimates. I'd get a paint estimate from Jim, needs to be on an estimate or invoice form, which can be bought at office supply stores. Yeah, it's a drag about your original paint, but Jim will make it look showroom.

I’m also trying to track down a loss of turn signals. I’m getting power to the flasher but not sure what I’m looking for in the switch. I did find a broken connection which I re soldered but still not working. I’m figuring it’s in the switch because nothing works, lights, indicators, nothing but like I said, power at the flasher block.73479F77-A43C-4B21-B226-0259DA93A695.jpeg Fork ear got tweaked and cracked the insulator inside the bucket.6B28F21D-37B0-4725-AA8E-86B6FF124450.jpeg I also couldn’t figure out what was going on with my kickstand until I looked at it.AA996086-2CD3-441C-9A7E-DD7D172E3EF5.jpeg

Thinking out of the box a bit but anyone with a 3D printer out there seems like it might be something that could be made depending on how strong a 3D printed part can be.
Actually that’s a pretty good idea except out of everyone I know, nobody has a 3D printer. On a good note I have my blinkers working again. Somehow the impact popped the Br/W wire off so I cleaned the contacts and re soldered it. Still wasn’t working so I used the flow chart to determine my relay wasn’t working. Good thing I ordered two of those cheap suckers. Problem solved.

Went to visit a buddy today that I haven’t seen for awhile as he was working on a job on this side of town for a change. Went to the strip mall where the job was and spent a couple hours BS’ing and had a good time. Walked out to get on the bake and WTF! She was lying on the ground. As I picked her up a young girl came over and admitted to backing into it. Basically she hit the rear wheel and pushed it off the stand. My helmet that was hanging on the handlebars absorbed most of the shock however it also left a dent in the tank. Shifter was bent, clutch lever bent and left fork ear had a little bend where it landed on the turn signal although no damage to the turn signal(must have hit my helmet). Blinkers don’t work now and I was a little aggravated however I did tell the young lady and her mother that showed up that I appreciated that her daughter owned it. I’m not happy because I love the fact it’s factory paint but not quite sure what to do now.View attachment 218433View attachment 218434View attachment 218435View attachment 218436View attachment 218437
I too admire the young lady for owning up to it. We've all done dumb things as kids. Doesn't change things, but I'd be fuming if she had left the premises. Good luck and I hate that it happened to you.

I have no idea how but the kickstand was actually twisted. I guess the way the bike rolled on it. She backed into the rear tire from what I can gather since there was no damage anywhere in the back so she must have pushed it hard enough to power it forward and folded the kickstand underneath. Anybody got one lying around?🏍

Like all who have read this it was like a blow to my gut and it's not my bike. Some bikes here the members get to know... perhaps better than some members. I am sad to hear that Patience is now a Patient and I hope you don't loose your Patience while the Patient Patience is healing.
"We can rebuild her...
We have the technology...
We have the capability to rebuild her...
Patience will be that bike...
Better than she was before...
Better..
Stronger...
Faster..."

Back