Patience went down!

These are all extras. Shoot me a PM with your address and I’ll send you whatever you need.
image.jpg

I can sympathize; a few years back my wife knocked my 650 Ninja over the side stand, but somehow apart from a slight tweak to the bars the bike was nearly unscathed. She was so upset that my first concern was reassuring her that the bike was going to be fine. I'm pretty sure there's a decent C-model side stand in the barn, free to good home. Send me a PM with your postal address and I'll pack it up and send it.

Oh Hell! This is the second time in 4 weeks that I looked for a part that someone needed, looked where I thought it was in the Barn of No Return, looked a bunch of places where it had no business being, and came up empty handed. I know the damn thing is hiding somewhere. If it shows its head I'll let you know. In the meantime don't count on me. Sorry.

Oh Hell! This is the second time in 4 weeks that I looked for a part that someone needed, looked where I thought it was in the Barn of No Return, looked a bunch of places where it had no business being, and came up empty handed. I know the damn thing is hiding somewhere. If it shows its head I'll let you know. In the meantime don't count on me. Sorry.
Don't think you are alone with those kind of problems! I bet the next time you look for something completely different the first thing you see with be those parts!

That’s awesome! PM on the way Thank you.
I’ve been pondering and although I can probably get a new paint job out of this I think I’m going to go the route suggested by Marty and see about the paintless dent removal. My helmet is what created the dent while at the same time preventing the bike from contacting pavement that would have scratched it to hell. Paint is still good just another little battle scar. I’ll give the girls Dad the option of pay for that and buy me a new helmet or we go through insurance. I’ve already repaired everything else that was caused by the tumble because I was able to and I’m not sure but yesterday was a total bad karma day for me. It started with my big bandsaw drive pulley shaft breaking in two (NLA) so a new one will have to be made, the Patience incident and it poured on me on the way home.

No worries, I was able to work on the stand again this morning and it’s not bad right now. Not perfect but it will suffice until another is located.

I’ve been chasing PDR shops all week and it’s a shame the only shops that will return my calls or emails are out of state. I’m getting estimates on that tank repair coming in around $400-450. Sending it out will include shipping also. I know people are busy and can’t get good help, Yada,Yada,Yada. same story everywhere. It’s very disappointing.

Finally got a local guy on the phone today and after looking at pics I sent from different angles and with a ruler next to it he gave me a ballpark quote of around $300. Much better than what I’ve been hearing. I think a lot of shops are scared by the age of the bike and paint and this guy actually said he likes the older bikes as he feels the sheet metal is a little more forgiving. It’s going to be a month before he can get to it but it makes me feel better. I was not looking forward to having to ship my tank somewhere.

Back