Pictures For Insurance Co.

halfmile

XS Builder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Tornado Season is here in Topeka (Shitburg) Ks. Time to switch to "Stated Value" insurance. Lucky for me I`ve got manilla envelope for each bike with every receipt for everything I`ve ever spent:yikes: and the pictures taken today to prove to mister Insurance "Prick" that they really exist.:thumbsup:
XS`s 001.JPG

XS`s 002.JPG XS`s 006-001.JPG XS`s 011.JPG
XS`s 015-001.JPG XS`s 018-001.JPG XS`s 019-001.JPG
XS`s 041-001.JPG XS`s 031.JPG

Tornado Season is here in Topeka (Shitburg) Ks. Time to switch to "Stated Value" insurance.

I was friends with this older gentleman who owned a motorcycle dealership in Iowa. He was a life long motorcycle enthusiast and collector, he never ever sold a bike. He kept them all in this big , old barn on his property. One year a winter storm and particularly heavy snow collapsed the barn and crushed most of his bikes. He was really sick about it.

The insurance will pay out on a stated value over and above book value providing you have proof of the amount stated within reason. You can not pay yourself labor or any other "blue sky" stuff, but rather the actual money spent on the build. They also use a appraiser but that`s a joke. I have insured the tracker for $10K in previous years, well within reason and they have no problem with that figure. There are some limitations on use though. Basically it`s just hand them your money, jump through the hoop, and roll the dice.:shrug:

Mailman. The #9 tracker has always been my favorite.:thumbsup:

Willis, 19/18 with Dunlop K70`s
No front brake? Not only does it not stop worth a damn but is awkward to just push around. I only rode this once when the build was almost complete and decided to get a TT hub with disc brake provisions but I had already shaved the fork lowers and didn`t have any spares at the time. Now I seem to put dual discs on everything. :shrug:

Story goes: Indian racers were having good success on the racing circuit many years ago. Harley riders were curious. Question was asked - what's going on? Answer? Speed secret! Indian riders said they no longer step on the brake.............................Hey, it's racing, not stopping............... Oh, the "9" bike has my vote...............

When I first became interested in Flat Track racing in the mid to late 60`s the AMA had several rule changes from no brakes to brakes required and back to no brakes etc. I had a Bultaco 250 Pursang with a compression release that worked very well as a brake. Other than downshifting I don`t know how the big motor classes slowed down or stopped. Kill Switch?:umm:
metro-racing-gene-romero-bike-cover.jpg

1sonic.jpg

Brakes !! "We don`t need no stinking brakes"

Your right Tom, it should but I`ve learned over the years when it comes to insurance the least you say the better off you are.:shrug:

The insurance will pay out on a stated value over and above book value providing you have proof of the amount stated within reason
When I built my Harley I had way more into it than I knew insurance would pay out, so I took out a policy by specifically stating how much I wanted for replacement value. The policy cost a bit more but well worth having the peace of mind.

Back