Pictures For Insurance Co.

I'm insuring 3 bikes with "full" coverage. My XS2, 83 R100RT and my 15 RE 535GT. It surprised me was they are close to the same in price. What really surprised me was which one was the most expensive. Take a guess.

Hey Halfmile. I really like the stance on your bikes. I have 18x2.5 wheels front and rear, and I am looking at tires that are available in 120/90-18 and 130/80/18. Can you make a recommendation on what tire sizes I should run that would still allow it to have dirt track appearance?

GLJ. The XS2 of course.
Kyladoscope. What tread design and are you thinking DOT approved Dirt Track tire. Your choice of rims are good. Sometimes a larger rear tire will have chain clearance problems. I`m getting ready to order 18 & 19" tires next week but I lean toward the old school Dunlop K70 or the Duro HF308 conventional bias ply tube type. Tire choices are like oil choices. Everyone has a different view. The tires on my #9 tracker are Vee Rubber and are DOT approved. Others on this site run 18" fronts. Maybe they`ll chime in.

I'm insuring 3 bikes with "full" coverage. My XS2, 83 R100RT and my 15 RE 535GT. It surprised me was they are close to the same in price. What really surprised me was which one was the most expensive. Take a guess.

Im gonna say the Royal Enfield because it’s relatively new. By the way, I have insured all my vintage bikes through Haggerty collector vehicle insurance ,Cheap as chips, always a fraction of the cost for what I’ve paid for insurance on modern motorcycles.

I thought the BMW would be the most expensive because of the motor displacement. Wrong
Then I figured the Enfield because it so much newer than the other 2. Wrong again.
The XS2 of course.
Not sure why the XS2 was the most expensive. All 3 bikes are within $25 of each other.

Back