Pingel petcocks

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone ever use them on their XS? Just curious.....I’ve never been impressed with the leaky bastards that come on our bikes. o_O

I have used them on my Harley's in the past and really liked them. Never on an XS though.

Some XS1100 owners have used them..they aint cheap though...
What size are the threads involved in that location?

Last edited:
Some XS1100 owners have used them..they aint cheap though...
What size are the threads involved in that location?

I believe the screws are 6mm. I’m not sure on the spacing. I know Pingel makes some blank mounting plates for you to drill yourself. You’re right about the cost though.

Madness had one when I got it. It leaked... No idea of what it had been through previously.
I think this goes to what 2many said above, if you don't have a pre-petcock filter, gas tank grit will eat your fuel valve. Eventually the gas will eat away, harden, leach the plasticizers out of the rubber.

I used a dual outlet Pingel with a home made adapter plate for 77 and earlier tanks for a couple of years, never leaked or gave trouble. Bought it cheap, would let it go cheap to a good home. PM if you're interested.

YEOW!!!!! Boy, are those things spendy!!! There's got to be a more economical solution to keeping the fuel going where it's supposed to (and where it's not).
...more research is in order. :umm:

Back