For Sale - Pistons and rings for XS2 650-2nd OS As new

sjs moto

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Full set of pistons and rings including piston pin and clip - rings and pistons came in the same box, 2nd OS rings fit both 256 and 447 pistons - all as new US$100 for the full set (both pistons and rings etc) plus shipping from Perth Australia

scolling4@bigpond.com

Attachments

• IMG_7874.JPG
    IMG_7874.JPG
    375.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7875.JPG
    IMG_7875.JPG
    441.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Been a long time since I actually read the rules. Just had a look, it only states a "for sale" add has to have a price, I would say it is up to you if you wanted to add a price to a "Make an offer" add. If a price was included in a "Make an offer" add, then a "For sale" add could b used, like. ........"For sale, for X amount then add OBO.

5) All For Sale ads must have a price for each item! Ads without prices for everything must be listed as "Make Offer". This includes links to eBay items unless a buy now price is available and posted in the ad
Thank you for the clarification

Full set of pistons and rings including piston pin and clip - all as new best reasonable offer plus shipping from Perth Australia

scolling4@bigpond.com

To help out, a question to help clarification.

A while back i think there were 256, (70-73), pistons, made and sold, that could take 447, (74-83), rings. Can you clarify if these pistons can take the 447 rings.
If yes, this information will help with a sale. If not then they are not a set

To help out, a question to help clarification.

A while back i think there were 256, (70-73), pistons, made and sold, that could take 447, (74-83), rings. Can you clarify if these pistons can take the 447 rings.
If yes, this information will help with a sale. If not then they are not a set
Hi 650 skull. they came all in the same box from MikesXS, when I queried it, I was told the 447 rings fit both pistons

Hi 650 skull. they came all in the same box from MikesXS, when I queried it, I was told the 447 rings fit both pistons
From MikesXS
We cannot get more of these, so when they are gone, they are gone for good!
Piston Kit (2nd oversize - 0.50mm.) for 256 Engines 1970-73 only. Piston uses high quality 447 type rings and kit can be used as a set Only. Japanese made superior quality.
A suggestion; Members, do your research BEFORE casting aspersions or muddying the waters in the classifieds.

I'll put my hand up Gary, could say it was me muddying the water.

256 pistons and 447 rings,
. I pointed out they are not a set as advertised as the advertiser did not explain why they could b used as a set

I also pointed out in a later post that there were someone selling the 256 piston to take 447 rings. In order to clarify and to help with the sales, I asked the seller if that was the case with the set he was selling.

Of course I could have shut my mouth, not muddied the waters and who knows, maybe potential buyers had already decided not to enquire because they saw the rings are not comparable with the pistons.

We now know they are.

Sorry for the ramble to clear the muddy waters that I stired up with my questions and observation.

In future. 🙈🙉🙊

Back