Please, serious inquiries only

My son-in-law advertised a couple weeks ago with a job position he had available, and had about 90 people call to inquire about it. No one would follow up with him though as they were just going through the moves for their unemployment requirements (just making job contacts to satisfy the state). He decided close the position after that.

What about those ads that say "Selling due to...................?"
Care factor? zero!

XJWMX, Just post your bank details and passwords here mate, we'll do the rest

Yeah, I love that one... makes as much sense as my saying, "Selling due to trying to make the company a profit." Kinda goes unsaid.

My son-in-law advertised a couple weeks ago with a job position he had available, and had about 90 people call to inquire about it. No one would follow up with him though as they were just going through the moves for their unemployment requirements (just making job contacts to satisfy the state). He decided close the position after that.

Yeah, there appears to be a lot of that. There's also the idiot who has replied to the same ad 10 times in 2 days... I would think him simply persistent but judging from his e-mails I think stupidity has more to do with it.

Maybe we should all get together and put together a book of dumb and stupid Craigslist ads and replies?

put this pic in an XS650 ANY condition wanted ad.

treebike.jpg

Just two nights ago I had a kid call; wanted to know how he was supposed to get the bike out of the tree. He was serious, thought that was a bike I was selling....

my 55 plymouth was for sale.....un-restored, needs brakes, and carb work.

"Can i drive it home" was one of the emails. :doh::doh::doh:

Turn of the coin, yesterday I found an ad for an old dump truck I was considering buying in a city about 100 miles from home. Ad said, "Truck is in great condition."

Being suspect, I called the guy and asked if he thought the truck could handle 100 miles. "I donno," he replied, "I don't think I'd drive it that far."

I never called him back.

put this pic in an XS650 ANY condition wanted ad.

treebike.jpg

Just two nights ago I had a kid call; wanted to know how he was supposed to get the bike out of the tree. He was serious, thought that was a bike I was selling....

Being a tree hugger and an XS650 lover there's only one thing I can say... That's just so wrong. (But, depending on where it is I just might bring a chain saw.)

as a religious CL watcher (I've got the app on my android phone that will search multiple regions all at once) - I check the MC postings for about every area in a 2-hour-drive radius of me.

Ad was Posted selling a 1993 CBR600F2 for $400. Guy's story stated "Recently moved, lost title. Bike doesn't run, I dunno why & I don't have time to work on it or cash to pay someone else to do it. I'm a tall guy, 6'7" and for a 600, this bike fit me well." I was like, hmm - I'm 6' and I'm comfy on mine, but I can't see 6' 7" guy riding this thing comfortably, but whatever. All the plastics were intact, and I knew I could make the $400 back on selling just the fairings, I wanted the wheels and some other parts for a different project, but if I could get it running, then I would sell the whole thing if I could get a title for it.

I text the guy (as he requested in the ad):
"Hey - I'm interested in the bike as is, but wondering if the bike was registered in Louisiana before you moved, or another state."
- Here I was hoping the lost title process would be relatively easy to get rolling if possible.

his prompt reply: "No. I moved from another state."

then nothing for 10 minutes. I'm like ok, so does he not want to talk about selling the bike at all?

I send him:
"Oh ok - what state, cause some states are easy to get a lost title, and I'm willing to do the research for you. Either way I'd like to find out about looking @ the bike."

2 mins later I get:

"I'll have to ask my mom."

WTF?

Sorry, I thought you were selling it. You sounded sleepy. Hope I didn;t wake you.

OK then........ jeez I am sorry about that. Guess I gotta be careful about my audience when telling stories.

Got one for you guys......Back around Thanksgiving a guy posted an ad on one of the Craig's List city sites here in Virginia selling a Yamaha RD400. He went through the usual spiel, condition, mileage, etc. and then added the following bombshell...."Another advantage to buying my bike is that since it's a 2 stroke, it makes twice as much power as a regular 400cc engine." I almost fell off my chair laughing.....My next thought was to send him an email telling him that I had a 400cc 4 stroke that was better than his 'cause it made 4times the power!! I decided not to, figuring ignorance like that was its own reward.

I bought an '88 Land Cruiser. Looked ok, just wanted it for a surf fishing vehicle. The 4X4 light was on. They have a vacuum solenoid, push-button 4X4, manual locking hubs. I asked the guy and he said he thinks the light wire is acting up. "It goes on and off, but it's fine". When he made a little glance at his buddy I got suspicious. I crawled under and couldn't turn the front shaft. So I told him it's in 4X4 and the button didn't take it back out. He messed with it for a while and said "hmmm". He then tried to drawl my attention to other things. We talked about it and he then laughed saying,"oh,that is why his gas milage sucks, I was wondering", ect. I got the price dropped about $300.00 due to having to get it fixed, blah, blah, blah.
I really felt bad when I went to leave, lifted the hood, and switched the vacuum lines on the solenoid to put it back in 2WD. Actually I didn't feel bad, I laughed the whole time. I forgot to tell him that was a common problem, and fix, for these trucks.

I'm looking through the local craigslist as I write this and found, 97 srad gsxr 750 $900!!! FIRM - $900

The ad looks okay but the only photo is this:
3mc3pc3lc5U45X05R6b2aaa18f106bc30105d.jpg

Leaves me wondering if the dude is selling a motorcycle or just a tire.

There there's the guys who bolt on a few pieces of chrome and call the bike, custom.

Or this found repeatedly on our local craigslist:
DSCF1646.jpg

I'm thinking if a kid needs training wheels for his dirt bike then maybe the kid isn't ready for motorcycles.

This guy ( http://greensboro.craigslist.org/mcy/2207427795.html ) has been trying to sell his list of parts for months. He started at 2K and now he's down to $300 and just added a motorcycle (parts bike) to the list.

I have tried to sell my TX650 recently for $400 (about half of what I have into it). Silly me, I didn't realize for that price it should be a titled, running bike that is in pristine condition, with new tires and less than 5k on the clock. (Dang, fer that kinda money, mama and me could put new tires on the house!) The thing that really burns my ass is when people ask questions that have already been answered in the add. Kan't pepull reed?

Back