PM swap and Pamco ignition

drewbaby88

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So, I decided I am gonna do the PM swap and run the Pamco ignition on my 81. I have all the original elec. for my scoot, but I never had it on to test it. PO said it was running before he began tearing it down. I am not sure it charges correctly, runs right, or runs at all, soooo why would I NOT go this route and make sure it is reliable for a 30 mile ride or 300 mile ride. OK, my point is, what stator did you guys use in your setup, which bracket did you use(Mr. Riggs or Punkskalar's setup) and did you keep the e-start or not?

Another question, which PAMCO setup do I need to run with the Perm mag setup?

nvermind, I figured that out myself:doh:

Last edited:
Haven't completed mine yet since in the process of hardatiling it but all I did when I found the one I am gonna use (getting old I guess as I can't remember which it was) was have the seller verify the dimensions for me. As far as the bracket I ordered from Punkskalar and good quality part and was nice enough to answer every dumb question I've had so far. Going to be losing the electronic start though, but that is only cause I want to run a battery-less (is that even a word?) setup.

Sorry I didn't check in sooner. Yeah, I almost always find a Ninja 600 Stator for the swap. Nice units, high output. Easy to find...

usually when a list says "may not be 100% accurate", that just means buyer beware, or use this information at your own risk, or not responsible for damage due to your scooter. They are just covering thier asses. Just ask around when you get serious about ordering parts, wich sounds like you are doing, so, its up to you.

Back