PMA Wiring Question

XSJoel

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Ok guys, I am finally getting my XS650 running like it should after a year now and I need some help. I got the PMA kit on there and am not the hippest with wiring and was hoping that yall could help. My bike is a 1981 Special II with a Pamco and has all the stock wiring and components in place. I have the wire bundle that comes from the old alternator (3 whites, a brown, green and a blue) and am trying to figure out which I need to keep. I am thinking I just need to keep the blue wire on that plug. Would yall agree?

Also, there is a plug coming from the old rectifier regulator, I am thinking I just unplug that and leave it all disconnected. Would this be correct?

The reason I ask is because it seems like I am leaving a lot of stuff disconnected, just makes me weary. And I have searched and see everyone saying to just rewire the bike, but I was hoping that I wouldn't have to reqire the bike right now. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
On the old wiring coming from the stock stator it all went with the stator. The plug in where all that plugged in, you only need the light blue wire for the neutral light. Just leav the others as is, maybe cover the plug after you hook up the blue wire to keep the other wires clean.
The stock reg/rec can be taken off, sell it.
Just tape over the plugs not used to keep them from shorting and weather tight.
Leo

Back