Pocket Rocket - Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's going to scream!

Side note: you going to born free?

Thanks for your advise on this combo man! Haha I can't wait to make her scream too :D
She's going to be a legit pocket rocket when done

Yup going to BF this year. Hope to have my bike ready by than. You planning on going?

Sounds sweet! what carburetors you gonna use?

I plan on using VM34's. I just had my BS38's cleaned up by Rick at Oldskool carbs too but with all the go fast goodies I'm putting in I think the VM34's are the better choice.

I'm hoping to get down for it. Me and some buddies have the route planned, but for me it all depends on when my welding courses start. We will just have to see.. if I do, it's a 2900 mile trip!

I'd be with a couple shovels and an xs chop

Dayuuum hat's a long ass ride! None of my bikes are built for comfort and my tank choices aren't the best either for long rides like that. Hit me up if you do go tho.

RightOn Man!
Its a good place to hang out all right!
Get to learn some stuff and get entertained too.
You know because of this build thread I have kept my mid controls and tracker rear wheel.

cool man! Hopefully one day I'll get a youtube vid of this bike running. I can't wait. And speaking of entertainment, So is this thing a rat or a opossum? http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27002

RightOn Man!
Its a good place to hang out all right!
Get to learn some stuff and get entertained too.
You know because of this build thread I have kept my mid controls and tracker rear wheel.

Dayuuum hat's a long ass ride! None of my bikes are built for comfort and my tank choices aren't the best either for long rides like that. Hit me up if you do go tho.

Neither are any of ours! Haha it'll be painful I'm sure. but the chops all run frisco sporty tanks so we will be stopping for quick breaks fairly often.

Waiting for cylinders/heads to comeback from hoos racing. Mockup with anothertank LOL

full

full

full

Thanks Carbon! Wish I could use it on this bike too but the coil tab mounts are exposed because the tank sits high up on the frame.

I'm pretty happy with the peanut and toaster tanks! Can't wait to get the peanut tank back from paint!

Also should have cylinder and head back from machine shop soon.

Damn, that tank looks killer on there jdizon! In the pics of the tank, the workmanship is awesome man. Are you running that tank on this bike or what?

Thanks man! Slimsfab did a great job on the tank. I plan to run this tank on my hard tail build.

Damn, that tank looks killer on there jdizon! In the pics of the tank, the workmanship is awesome man. Are you running that tank on this bike or what?

Shell #1 cam, JE 700 piston and R&D springs done. Sending out crankshaft to get welded, trued and balanced.

full

Yes I know what You mean.
when I lived in Oakland I would go str8 up in the hills n ride all day!
You have some of the best country rides going!

Yes I know what You mean.
when I lived in Oakland I would go str8 up in the hills n ride all day!
You have some of the best country rides going!

Sigh....I've never been on a JOY ride. Just back and forth to work. Sad huh??? Well, I have the bug anyway. Riding and wrenching is all I think about. Cant get enough. May never.......:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back