Poor customer service from Mikes XS

gkxs

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is the after sales customer service terrible from Mikes XS

They are more than happy to take my money. But if they send you the wrong part, their not so quick to respond. Then when they don its a short one liner

ZERO for customer service!

What are the other major online XS stores?

Mikes XS are a prime example of a what happens when a company gets lazy on the top and forgets that how they got there was through the support and loyalty of their customers.

I own a bicycle shop in my home town. The major store is having all sorts of problems because nobody wants to shop there on account of their poor service and sense of entitlement. Be warned MIKES XS your leaving a hole wide open for someone with better customer service and products to sweep the rug from under your feet. Its happened in bigger and more niche markets than yours!

650 Central has great customer service and tech support. I guess you could order from that place in Europe , Hieden (spell check ? ) tuning for most of the same stuff as Mikes sells, I think they are affiliated .

I too have issues with mikes, however it is still pretty great that it even exists. Remember, these parts have been out of production for thirty years... So every time i have to order i get worried about the support. Then, happy i can even order...

I too have issues with mikes, however it is still pretty great that it even exists. Remember, these parts have been out of production for thirty years... So every time i have to order i get worried about the support. Then, happy i can even order...
I am in Canada so I order from XS direct. I haven't had any problems with them, they get my stuff to me in one or 2 days, but I haven't needed any tech support from them ( all the support I need I get here. ) Never had the need to return anything so I can't say much about that . I am happy that I can get parts for my bike so easy and quick.

They emailed me and said the missing part would be out in mail tomorrow.

Not bad. I understand crap happens (first time for me to get wrong/missing parts)

yeah they suck
tons of threads on it
and bad rating a better business bureau
if only i lived closer to their shop

650 central is awesome

I live in NZ. All my many orders have been fine. On one occasion they forgot something. I Emailed. They sent it out straight away. I've dealt with worse.

I'm dealing with xsdirect too and this guy '' DELIVER ''. 2-3 days at your door. Never missing a part! Great support too! Fantastic... the only bad thing I can say is that there is often B/O stuff here, but available on mikexs... he need to deal with Mikexs too, so from what I heard ... now I can understand!

This is one of my favorites: Powersports Plus

I selected XS650SK, but everything is on there from the big Japanese brands. Look on the right side of the screen for a list of available aftermarket parts. I know we still need Mike's XS, but OEM is best when available. This place has good prices and my last order came in three days.:thumbsup:

I'll bet your shipping rates to NZ are a Fucker! And I agree with your signature line.

BEER IS GOOD.:thumbsup:

Um you dont want to know. :doh: MINIMUM charge is about 35.00US. I have to store orders up until its worthwhile & I spend a lot of time comparing shipping rates to find whose best for each part!

Many of you new guys probably don't know but MikesXS was sold a few years ago. The founder sold the business to a couple new guys who claimed to be enthusiasts and vowed to improve the place. The 1st thing they did was raise all the prices, lol. Now, I can see this if indeed they did replace and upgrade the shit parts (yes, there are some bad ones) but they didn't. They still sell some of the same crap that the original Mike did, only now it costs more. I still order from them but I know what not to buy.

I've had good luck with MikesXS. Coils, points, condensers, petcocks, cables, air filters, Izumi? chain, sprockets and halogen headlight for an early bike. They're all repop, but they fit (eventually) and have been reliable for 2500mi. I'm just glad that the stuff is available. :thumbsup:
I'm not so lucky with a mid 80's eurotwin I own. :banghead:

Back