Popping from right side exhaust.

Well, technically, they should fit in there but are not what Mikuni intended to be used. As I said, I think the large head style was chosen for it's better ability to hold the needle jet in place. The head is bigger so will have more and better bearing against the washer. This should make it less prone to coming loose. If you remove that washer, you can see the needle jet below it. This is what the washer and main jet hold in place. They pull it down tight into the carb body and hold it there .....

NeedleJetHole.jpg

Usual setting for BS34 mix screws is 3 to 3.5 turns out. A larger pilot may allow slightly less than that, but maybe not. I would start them at 3 turns out and fine tune from there.

Appreciate it 5twins, have to wait till tomorrow to contact six sigma and send the jets back. Now starts the waiting for the right jets all over again lol, guess the 5 inches of snow we just got makes it a little easier to bear. Thanks again. Gonna give my screws another half turn, and wait lol.

Well to say I am pissed is an understatement. Ordered the proper jets from jetsrus last saturday. Two 137.5, and two 140, genuine mikuni jets. Waited all week for them to show up, and today they did, well at least HALF of my order did. They sent me one each of the jet sizes, ONE EACH!!!! WTH am I supposed to do with that? Of course they dont list a contact number for them, so I had to email them and now I wait. Im beyond pissed with this. It shouldnt be this hard to get the proper parts I need to get this bike back on the road, guess Im just destined to have a lift queen. SMH......

I would suggest you start checking local shops. These jets are quite common. I've checked most of the shops in my area and have found a few that have nice jet assortments and sell them at the right price (some mark them way up). Look for shops that cater to ATVs, dirt bikes, and snowmobiles. Those riders are always modding.

Well surprisingly they just emailed back with another tracking number and said they will ship the remainder out asap. Guess I will see how long thats going to take. Unfortunately as far as local shops there is only one that might have them, and I have had a bad experience with them so I have written them off. Hopefully this is the last time I have to deal with this, and sadly I have just missed several days of absolutely beautiful weather to do some road testing, by the time the jets get here next week its forecasted to be back in the teens. Only in Ohio can you have every season of weather in one week, hate this state lol.

Back