possibly the dumbest question... side covers

Chito

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I've been putting this question off for a couple of months. It has to be something so simple.

I can't get my side covers on. Yes, the plastic parts that say Special and cover the air box. I can get the top two on, but when I go for the bottom peg, the front top pops off. I can get the top back and bottom, but can't get the front.

Both sides.

I can't remember if I ever had them on in the last 3 years. It doesn't seem like anything is blocking anything... just seems like the bottom peg should have been back about half an inch.

They are cracked around the top fronts, so I'm trying not to force them, but it's kind of baffling.

Either they both warped, which seems unlikely, they fit so tight the cracks aren't allowing it to hold, I put the air box in wrong or something else is blocking it, or the problem is an operator issue.

Opinions ?

C'mon deadchef... I mean what kind of idiot... who would be so dumb... how could someone even... ok, yeah, that's exactly what I did.

You have them in backwards, I did the same thing when putting carbs back on, mine won't fit too, I had the part that higher at front with the holes, turned them around and it when back together right.

Back