Powder coating

Was just fixin to do the same. Let us know.

upload_2018-12-12_13-24-53.png

Funny I just asked them also. Maybe we could get Bob to help us out if they need a source to duplicate. Not sure if they changed much through the years. I have had many made for my Z1900 bikes. The tag on my early 73 Z1900 had multiple spelling errors from the factory. The first set came back with the correct spelling. I had to have them redone with all the errors in place.

The first set came back with the correct spelling. I had to have them redone with all the errors in place.

...nothing BUGS me more than correct spelling when INcorrect spelling is actually the correct spelling.

...if ya knows what ahh means.

Angry%2BMan%2B%25286%2529.jpg

Last edited:
Haha, I just posted those photos on my XS2 thread.
Just saw it....I guessed at 1.25"x3". Guess I was not too far off.

Have not heard anything back from the Ebay site. Going to try a local sign place that does decals and labels. If they can reproduce it from the photo on a weatherproof vinyl label then we are in business. Keep you posted.

I guessed at 1.25"x3"

My guess is that the actual dimensions are about 30 mm x 75 mm given that Japan is a metric country. Generally, things like labels use "preferred" sizes which are even numbers of millimeters (or tidy fractions of inches).

Fingers crossed. Have a local shop reproducing it on laminated vinyl. It was 40 cdn for three. Same price for 3 as 1 so figure I have some extras if i screw its up putting it on. Not cheap but is what it is.

Fingers crossed. Have a local shop reproducing it on laminated vinyl. It was 40 cdn for three. Same price for 3 as 1 so figure I have some extras if i screw its up putting it on. Not cheap but is what it is.

I’m just curious, I had tried to create a reproduction on a decal site that I had used before and it wouldn’t take. It said I had too many characters for the size of the decal or something like that. But what I’m curious about is, they offer a reflective vinyl option that I thought would be similar to my factory decal. Where you given an option like that?

I’m just curious, I had tried to create a reproduction on a decal site that I had used before and it wouldn’t take. It said I had too many characters for the size of the decal or something like that. But what I’m curious about is, they offer a reflective vinyl option that I thought would be similar to my factory decal. Where you given an option like that?

The one on mine was not reflective. It was glossy and that is what I got. It is just laminated vinyl to protect it from the elements.

Bob, did it give you the option to change the font or font size?

Bob, did it give you the option to change the font or font size?

Yes, I’d did. I actually really like this company and I have used them several times. If I had spent more time on it, I might’ve been able to get it to work. Here is a link if you want to play around with it. Just click on create at the top of the page.
https://doityourselflettering.com/vinyl-lettering/

Looks really nice Canuck - and I guess there’s no French translation on it. I wonder if your bike is a US model.....

EDIT: although I see that is it has the SI conversions on weights etc.

No french.....definitely a Canadian model since it had the Transport Canada safety sticker on it (thought of getting that reproduced but I have a thing with government safety stickers)

Guess back in 84 there was not as much pressure to satisfy our neighbours to the east.......different story now a days. My italian bike had more french on it than italian.

upload_2018-12-13_16-45-1.png

Back