Power To Coil No Spark. Pamco/PMA/E Adv.

nmyers

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I have an 82SH build that Im finishing up and Im not getting any spark. Im running a PMA/Pamco with an E-Advancer. I have power to the coil. I followed the Ignition Coil Testing instructions from MikesXS. I tested the coil and thats fine. I tested for spark by rotating the rotor on the pamco and the plugs grounded and no spark. Then I tested voltage on the coil side of the E-Advancer on the red wire i got 12.5V. and on the green wire i got 12.5V. On the sensor side of the E-Advancer i got 12.5V on the red wire and 0V on the green wire. Then I rotated the rotor and tested the green wire again and no change in voltage. Any Ideas?

I have an 82SH build that Im finishing up and Im not getting any spark. Im running a PMA/Pamco with an E-Advancer. I have power to the coil. I followed the Ignition Coil Testing instructions from MikesXS. I tested the coil and thats fine. I tested for spark by rotating the rotor on the pamco and the plugs grounded and no spark. Then I tested voltage on the coil side of the E-Advancer on the red wire i got 12.5V. and on the green wire i got 12.5V. On the sensor side of the E-Advancer i got 12.5V on the red wire and 0V on the green wire. Then I rotated the rotor and tested the green wire again and no change in voltage. Any Ideas?

It could be that the green wire from the sensor to the E-Advancer is open. Check for that, and if not, then PM me for warranty instructions.

Back