Progressive shock eyelets

sou1f1y33

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a set of progressive 412 13.5 shocks and could use some advice on mounting these on the stock 1978 shock mounts. The kit came with additional sleeves but they appear to be for a Harley setup. Is there specific spacers I need to buy to make the eyelets fit snug or an adapter kit? I went to the local hardware store and there selection of sleeves was minimal. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

The sleeves I received with mine I think came with 4 different thickness options... I just found the ones that fit. Not sure the size, but was really obvious on which ones to use. The side-to-side fitment required a washer on the inside and outside of the eyelets, then I used the thick (stock) washer to cap it and allow the acorn nut to fully contact the shock.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the input guys. I'll have to check the box again for hardware other than the Harley setup with only one thickness sleeve. I think I will probably be putting in a call to progressive.

Just in case anyone runs into the same issue and needs the info I will post my findings. The 13.5 412-4009b shock is a Harley shock. The shock will fit but you need to order the metric hardware kit from progressive separately. This part can be bought directly from progressive over the phone.

Back