Props for Sherwin

cybrhick

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So recently, my son and I got ripped off by a guy online who was claiming to rebuild carbs. Ours were pretty bad, so we figured we'd send them off to this guy and let him get them fixed up while we worked on other parts of my son's bike.

4 months later, we ended up having to send someone to retrieve my son's carbs, which I had already paid for. No communication, nothing. And when we got them back, they were still trashed.

Since that, we have been trying to find parts to get his carbs back in working order. Thursday, Sherwin contacted me by PM and said he had 2 sets of carbs that needed rebuilding, and perhaps we could use them. He said he'd send them to me for shipping. I paid him by Paypal, and he told me they would be shipped Friday.

Got em' yesterday, and I believe we have enough parts now to get one good set together.

I know there are a lot of crooks and jackass types out there. We hear the horror stories everyday. And being new to this site, it is easy to be a bit sceptical sometimes, especially when you have been ripped off so recently. So I wanted to give a shout out to Sherwin for quelling my fears, and being a stand up guy.

My son really appreciates it, as do I, and we are looking forward to making some progress.

Hey, thank you for the very kind words. I'm glad I could help out, I hope those work out for you.

Regards,
Sherwin

It's great to hear about things like that.. :thumbsup: I'd say that's worthy of being posted in the feedback forum, even if the whole transaction took place via PM and not in the Classifieds section.

Back