Punkskalar or other machinst types...please...

xjwmx

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Can you turn some #20s ? Everybody here will need one, they just don't know it yet. The part is unobtainable.

Attachments

• #20.JPG
    #20.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
It really is unobtainable, and does wear inside. It's going to turn around the axle, in spite of the fact that it goes into the bearing. In fact I think its movement around the axle is freer than the bearing movement. In addition, it's very soft steel. Plus it gets beaten on to remove the bearings.

I would try to copy an unworn one and put them in an ebay store and include the Yamaha name and part number in the listing (90387-20166-00 COLLAR). Maybe mic out the ones you have and go with the smallest internal diameter if you can't find what it was supposed to be new.

90560-20135-00 SPACER (#7) seems to be unobtainable as well.

Last edited:
^ I agree X100

Went I accidentally threw away the old one trying to find a new one or even just a used replacement was damn near impossible! Same thing for the dust collars/shields #24

I accidentally threw mine away as well. I ended up buying a whole wheel just to steal the spacer out of. Someone making these would sell them very quickly I would assume.

What size we talking? Anyone have an actual picture of one? Might be able to shoot out these on my automatics for cheap.

^Weekendrider made some drawings of it here:

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7236

Also, after more investigation, I'm not sure it can turn around the axle. Hard to say really. Would still be very useful to have a source for the part. A remarkable number of people accidentally throw them away or damage them or discover a damaged one.

Is anyone pursuing this? I'd be happy to take a whack at it but I don't want to step on any toes.

I'm just finishing up the setup on my new [to me] turret lathe so it would be a cinch to knock these out in quantity.

I'll be installing a 19 inch front on the rear of my tracker project soon. I'll be using Omars kit. Will I need one of these spacers/collars?

Is anyone pursuing this? I'd be happy to take a whack at it but I don't want to step on any toes.

I'm just finishing up the setup on my new [to me] turret lathe so it would be a cinch to knock these out in quantity.

Go for it man! :thumbsup: My plate is plenty full

mrriggs put me down for one (1) if you get round toit.
Finding one on the shelf requires lotsa calls and patience with parts people.

Definitely put me down for a set if you do whip some up. The used one's I'm rocking now could stand to be replaced with something newer and shinier

Just a quick update. Weekendrider graciously sent me a part to copy. I've ordered up the bar stock to make them, and ordered up a bunch of tooling. There is still a few bits of tooling that I need to get. If all goes to plan, I hope to have some parts available by the end of the month.

The spec. torque for the axle bolt is 108 ft. lbs! How in the heck do you suppose that spacer is going to turn on the axle? Assemble the wheel correctly or learn how.

Still a much needed part and thanks to the guys who turn them up for the community.

Tom Graham

Back