Question about a weld-on hardtail.

Demin

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well......Still waiting on my welder.Gonna find another one.I have a question,since nobody from where the hardtail was built or sold by has answered me.It seems like the bottom tubes need to go farther forward.Should the seatpost be centered on the bottom crossbrace?But that seems like it will mess up the hardtail to the backbone alignment. :wtf: :banghead:

I had everything posted in my build thread,that's why I didn't put it here.But anyhoo.It's a Voodoo Vintage MK21.Bought it through Monstercraftsman.
Not a real good pic.Need to get some more.
bikepics-2546135-800.jpg

I had everything posted in my build thread,that's why I didn't put it here.But anyhoo.It's a Voodoo Vintage MK21.Bought it through Monstercraftsman.
Not a real good pic.Need to get some more.
bikepics-2546135-800.jpg

Demin, Sorry for the delayed response, but we only get a chance to get on here every once in a while...

Maybe you've already emailed me concerning your situation, but just in case you haven't, I certainly don't want you to feel stranded with no answers...

From what I can tell from your photograph, it looks like you could stand to remove just a "little" more meat from your lower rails. Take your cut approximately 1/2" from your exhaust mounts and try rotating the hard tail FORWARD and see what kind of alignment you can get. All our tails are fabricated in a rigid jig, but there are small dimensional nuances from frame to frame???

Also... Just to make sure it wasn't damaged in shipping... if you rest the hard tail with the lower rails flat on the floor, and measure from the floor to the top of the notched rails, you should be seeing 21-5/16".

You can also download our latest instructions from HERE

And... My email address is: david@voodoovintage.com if you have any more issues with your build. Best of luck to you and I'd love to see your progress!

Thanx David.I appreciate it.Yes I did email the shop when I got it.I could not get any answers from where I bought it.I figured that more needed to be removed,and the seat post is too far forward to line up on the cross brace.I just didn't want have to go back and add material,lol.

Again,thank you.:thumbsup:

BTW....I'm really digging the Savage hardtail.I build alot of those bikes.

Thanx David.I appreciate it.Yes I did email the shop when I got it.I could not get any answers from where I bought it.I figured that more needed to be removed,and the seat post is too far forward to line up on the cross brace.I just didn't want have to go back and add material,lol.

Again,thank you.:thumbsup:

BTW....I'm really digging the Savage hardtail.I build alot of those bikes.

hay I'm building a savage hard tail now. I had the hardtail built befor vodo had one out
or I would have got one of them but it still loooks good should be done soon.:bike:

Attachments

• savage hardtail 004.jpg
    savage hardtail 004.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 283
  • savage hardtail 001.jpg
    savage hardtail 001.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 306
thats the factory frame I just added the rear 1/2 hardtail there is no seat post it's 2 down tube's voodoo makes one now with a single down tube that replaces part of the back bone.( it was built be for voodoo did a back 1/2 )

Back