Question about Headlight Wiring after Pamco and PMA

XSJoel

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I did the Pamco and PMA and had to rewire the headlight of course. I spliced into the red/yellow wire coming off the plug right after the Safety Relay. Any issues with this? I ran it by my old man who is a factory trained Harley mechanic, but he worked on bikes in the 80's, so it's been a while. Headlight works fine, the red/yellow wire has 12 volts with the key on. I read up on the wiring diagram here: http://cyclepsycho.com/yamachopper/wires/81XS650_wiring_%28fixed%29.jpg but it only made me feel retarded trying to figure out where the red/yellow wire is after/before the fuse. I understand the part from the fuse to the safety relay. Any help is appreciated.

On my (UK) spec 78, from memory, the red/yellow runs from the flash switch to the headlight - ill check later

You didn't say what you spliced the red/yellow wire to. At the safety relay you hook the red/yellow to the blue/black. This bypasses the safety relay.
Leo

Oh, my bad, I spliced in the blue/black to the red/yellow. Thanks guys! I had a Leo would pop up to answer. Appreciate it Leo.

Last edited:
Back